Strategies for Creating the Self-Managing Classroom
This book will provide guidelines and resources to create genuine, respectful authentic relationships free of manipulation and coercion.
If you want this in your classroom, this book is for you.
It’s an approach to learning:
- social skills that build metacognition, the essential thinking tool to help students step away from thoughts and actions that create misery.
- that is free of external coercion and where students become aware, independent and responsible for their learning and behaviour.
- where you can enjoy the process of teaching and learning, give up old quick-fix controlling habits, and be yourself.
- where you can walk into the classroom daily inspired, flexible and in control of your actions and thoughts.
- where you can help students work to their potential and develop the skills and resilience for a mentally healthy and productive life.